Saturday, June 15

Jem

Hey.

So me and my third brother went to Jem (the mall at Jurong East) for our dinner tonight. As all of you know, it's the official opening of Jem today! So yeah. There were a lot of restaurants but all of them were pretty much crowded as fuck so we decided to try out this restaurant. (Which didn't look as crowded as others) I shan't name this place, but I'll give a hint. It starts with an alphabet from M-P. Okay, so that's up to you guys to decide which restaurant is it! (He he he he.)

Yep. So obviously I'm gonna rant about a couple of things here.

Me and my brother were standing outside this "place" and waiting to be seated. Yes, we were seated afterwards. A table that was outdoors. But that was alright because there was a fan right above our heads so it was pretty cooling. Okay. We were given ice water and menus. And then it was time to order. Yup.

Firstly, we ordered these 2 main courses. "Oh, it's not available.", the waitress said. Never mind, me and my brother decided to check out the menu once again. And then we decided on another 2 courses. The waitress said okay. Afterwards, she came back and said it's not available. What I want to stress upon is that, the menu did not have a lot of choices by itself, and then so many things were unavailable. Why not just sell water instead? I think at least the customers would not be so disappointed in this "place". Later we ordered and ordered and finally my brother just told the waitress, "Okay, tell me what dishes are available on this menu." Then guess what? She just kind of roughly pointed to 2 courses and said that they weren't bad. I'm not an idiot. This is your first day working here and you said it isn't bad. Bitch please, I bet you haven't even seen it before. So my brother decided to give this place another chance and just ordered 2 dishes that were available and YES for fuck's sake they were REALLY available. So far so bad.

Secondly, when our courses arrived, it looked, um, okay how should I put this, it looked pretty appetizing. (Never judge a book by its cover) We were going to dig in and realized the waitress didn't give us our cutlery/serviettes yet. My brother raised his hand to signal the waitress to come over but she didn't. There were so many servers over there yet none of them had the courtesy to just ask what we wanted. Okay. So I decided to just walk up to the sidestation by myself and get my own cutlery and serviettes for me and my brother. Wow. A place that looks so fancy but so NOT fancy. You get me?

Thirdly, the food tasted like crap. It was cold as hell and the vegetables looked like they were harvested right from the wild grass patch outside of the mall. That was just how they looked like AND tasted like. Mine was alright compared to my brother's. His meat tasted like cardboard. I mean, cardboard might have tasted slightly better than the meat he ordered. It was that bad. The butter rice was tasteless as well I don't even know how I should put it. God.

Fourthly, I assume the man who seated us down was the host. So we were seated down beside this family, and suddenly the host just sat down at the table beside us and started chit chatting away. I mean, for the love of god shouldn't you be helping the other servers or something instead of just chit chatting away? Even if that table was filled with your friends you can't... Can't just do this, homedawg. What the actual fuck. Also, when we raised our hands to ask for cutlery he obviously saw it but of course he still chit chatted away. Fuck you.

Fifthly, when we decided to settle the bill, my brother didn't have enough cash on him so he used his card. Guess what? The card machine broke down. Fabulous. *claps sarcastically* This couldn't have been a better experience for my and my brother.

After we left the place, we were literally laughing. I haven't been to a place that was as ridiculous as this place. I have worked in the F&B industry before and trust me, my attitude was a lot better than the people who worked there for fuck's sake.

I will never ever patronize that shop again even if you pay me to do so (actually it depends on how much you're willing to pay me because I really don't want to eat food that tastes like cardboard anymore lol). This place can kiss my ass. *smacks my butt*

No comments: