Friday, August 3

5 Centimeters Per Second

I will never be able to get this manga, 5 Centimeters Per Second, out of my head. It is truly a wonderful, beautiful, heartbreaking, and saddening masterpiece. I could keep reading and reading it but it still makes me utterly sad everytime I read it. (Read it for two times so far.) It just saddens me how distance can cause so much pain and misery to two people on different sides of the world/or in a huge country. I happened to stumble on this quote below (it was one of the top comments) in the comment section of one of the manga/movie's soundtracks.

"A heartbreak isnt always as loud as a bomb exploding. Sometimes it can be as quiet as a feather falling, and the most painful thing is that no one really hears it except yourself."

I always feel really emotional after I finish reading it. It's just... So sad. :( I love this manga to bits and pieces. (I'll try to hunt down the two comic books in Kinokuniya if I have the chance to!)

These soundtracks below are more or less of the same melody, but altered in a way to suit different scenes and situations. They are truly beautiful soundtracks. TOTALLY love them so much.


 

And below is the main soundtrack for its movie. I think after watching the music video, you'll be able to get a gist of the whole story. It's really short, and only consists of 9 (but heartbreaking) chapters. :( I like how each scene changes with a new beat/word in the lyrics.


Read 5 Centimeters Per Second (Byousoku 5 Centimeter) here: BYOUSOKU 5 CENTIMETER
You will NOT regret it. xx

No comments: