Tuesday, April 3

Spiritually strong

Hello peeps! Alrighty, so I went to Ngee Ann with Jasmine today to collect our Sports and Wellness t-shirt, and we decided to engage into this programme called Dialogue in the Dark! It is a programme to help us people (who can see) to understand the plight of the visually disabled people. We can only rely on our other senses, which is sense of feel, taste, hearing, and smell. Well basically we were brought into this zone where it's literally a black hole, you can't even see your own fingers in front of your face. So we had to rely on a cane and our visually handicapped guide to guide us along the whole journey. Seriously hands down they are the most independent people EVER. I felt so scared, so helpless throughout the whole journey, but our guide Zahill (Idk the spelling? LOL) actually made me feel I had a person to rely on and it made me feel a whole lot better. It was really an exciting and fruitful experience for both me and Jasmine. Everybody has GOT to try this out! Kudos to the visually impaired people :') You give me hope.

Oh, by the way, I got a little souvenir for myself from Dialogue in the Dark. It's a Braille card! Innit cool? And you also get to learn how to write your own name in Braille! :)


There it is, my attempt at writing my own name, "Wong Wei Yin". (I drew the red boxes to help you guys differentiate from the other dots, lest you people got confused)


Don't hesitate to help them if you see them, I'm sure they'd love someone to be more understanding towards them! Much love x

No comments: