Thursday, September 26

A person I used to know

To any person reading this post, have you ever had a friend/relative that you were so close to, but somehow both of you ended up becoming strangers eventually? Yes, I have had one. I shall not name her, but let's call her Stranger.

Both of us were so close once. We practically grew up together and spent a lot of time together as kids. As we grew up, she stopped trying to keep in contact with me. It's sad to think that both of us would actually grow old as people that are getting more distant from each other rather than two people who are so close that no one can tear us apart.

It's sad to see her care more about her branded goods more than she cares about me.
It's sad to see her care more about her friends that she barely knows than she cares about me.
It's sad to make eye contact with her and see her turning away, not acknowledging my presence, at all.
It's sad to think that she actually looks down on me just because we're not the same.
It's sad to think that we were once so close and just look at us now.
It's sad to see her turn into someone she said she wouldn't become.

No comments: