Sunday, April 29

Hmmm..


Hello peeps!

I was browsing through my friend's Facebook pictures and I chanced upon this picture. At first I went "AWWWW, ain't they adorable?!" But after a second I actually felt really sad. My friend was actually 'advertising' on his Facebook stating that he's selling these puppies off. I mean, this isn't a really uncommon sight but have you actually really took a moment to think about it?

I mean, dogs have feelings too, and I was imagining how their mommy would feel when she sees her babies being taken away one after another, and that made me feel really, really sad. Sigh, I don't know. I just feel really sad right now. Not because of other things, but this picture. I know people might find me stupid right now but I just can't help it.... :-( *sighs again and again*


Anyways, back to yesterday's happy happenings! So... Me, Peixin, Diana, Wayne, and Jingfu went for DE Society's 'A Cup From The Heart' community service organised by Bishan Community Center. So basically what we have to do is go from door to door to collect rice from the residents in some selected blocks to help those needy people.

It sounds pretty simple and in fact it is, but you gotta encourage yourself after each resident who rejects you because more or less you would feel a little discouraged when they do! Quite a number of the residents donated to my group (me, Ummi, and Justin) though. I feel great to help out those people who are in need of help! One particular lady gave us a 5kg bag of rice and it made us really happy. :-) At the end of the programme, my group actually attained about 23kg of rice, which was quite a lot! A little goes a long way to those people in need, hope there will be more community services like this in one way or another organised in the future. Whenever someone donated rice to us, I can't help but giggle a little because it just makes me so glad and relieved to know that humanity still exists out there.

Yesterday was an unforgettable day, the freshies and the seniors all had a superb day!

DE Society! 

No comments: